FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For 17 years and counting, Provence Bastille Days gives New Yorkers a glimpse into the laidback lifestyle, flavors, and traditions of Provence that has lured so many to its hilltop villages, its inviting beaches, and its sprawling vineyards. Enjoy Bastille Day bonhomie from July 9th to July 15th with celebratory bites, sips, and tunes served up all across the city. Savor special Provençal bites and sips at 11 French restaurants all week and on July 15th, a block party will transform Smith Street into the south of France.
PROVENCE BASTILLE DAY ON JULY 15TH- Lineup for Sunday’s Celebration at Brooklyn’s Smith and Dean streets from noon to 10 p.m.
Join us at the Provence booth transformed into a Provençal market for:
• Soap manufacturing workshop with the Musama – The “Savon de Marseilles” Museum
• Live painting of famous French painters like Van Gogh, Cézanne, Monet…
• Come get your small lavender packet
• Exhibition of the famous Eboy Pixel Art (www.eboymarseille.fr) – The Giant Eboy puzzle! Add your piece to the Marseille Eboy puzzle and get a Marseilles Eboy’s poster !
• Contest: make your Provence dream trip a reality - enter to win 2 tickets to Marseille with Air Canada and a 200€ voucher for a shopping experience at McArthurGlen Provence!
Provence Bastille day’s highlights
• Witness one of North America’s largest pétanque tournaments up close • Sip red, white, and rosé wines to the beat of French bands. • Snack on fabulous French fare including crepes, Bien Cuit croissants, and Bar Tabac steak frites. • Taste pissaladière and other regional delights at the Provençal tent • Fans of “le football” can watch the World Cup finals on outdoor TVs
PROVENÇAL WEEK FROM JULY 9TH TO JULY 15TH - Provence takes center stage with flavors, live music with the group “Incognitos” and surprise gifts in the partner restaurants of the Provençal week
• Mominette - 221 Knickerbocker Ave, Brooklyn
• Le Gamin - 108 Franklin St, Brooklyn
• Nice Matin - The Lucerne Hotel 201 W 79th St
• Café du soleil - 2723 Broadway
• Chez Oskar - 310 Malcolm X Blvd, Brooklyn
• Santos Anne - 3438, 366 Union Ave, Brooklyn
• Marseille - 630 9th Ave
• O Cabanon - 245 W 29th St
• Felix - 340 W Broadway
• La Defense - 2 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn