- 2800 hotels in total—289,000 beds which means an average number of 52 rooms per hotel
- 48.5 millions nights spent in hotels in the big cities of France in 2017 (without counting Paris)
- 13.9 millions nights spent in hotels by foreign visitors in the big cities of France in 2017
- Including 1.2 million nights by American visitors in 2017—the third largest foreign clientele after the United Kingdom and Germany
- Top 10 cities for foreign visitors (considering nights spent in hotels): Nice, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Lille, Avignon, Dijon, Versailles
- Cities with sites on UNESCO World Heritage list : Amiens, Avignon, Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand, Dijon, Le Havre, Lille, Nancy, Orléans, Poitiers, Reims, Saint-Etienne, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Tours, Versailles
- Top cities in and around major vineyards: Nantes, Angers, Tours, Orléans, Reims, Dijon, Mulhouse, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Nîmes, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Marseille.
ATOUT FRANCE – France Tourism Development Agency