Air France announced a new international service between Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport and its main hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport. Air France will operate up to five weekly flights beginning March 31, 2019, utilizing Airbus A330 aircraft on the route.
Nice, capital of the French Riviera will now be accessible via non-stop flights from New York on Business Class-only La Compagnie from May through September 2019
FRENCH WEST INDIES
Following successful winter seasons from the North East Coast to the French West Indies, Norwegian Air will again fly to both islands at the end of October —6 times a week for lucky New Yorkers and from Fort-Lauderdale—4 times weekly to Martinique and 3 times to Guadeloupe.
• The New York-JFK to Martinique service will resume on October 28, 2018, with six flights weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, two flights more than the previous season.
• The New York-JFK to the Guadeloupe Islands service will also resume on October 28, 2018, with six flights weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
• The Fort Lauderdale to Martinique service will resume on October 31, 2018, with four flights weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. It represents an increase from three flights per week during winter 2017/18.
• The Fort Lauderdale to the Guadeloupe Islands service will resume on October 28, 2018, with three flights weekly on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
Norwegian will also inaugurate 4 weekly flights from both Fort-de-France and Pointe-a-Pitre to Cayenne in French Guiana this fall. The winter seasonal service Félix Eboué Airport Cayenne will launch on October 31, 2018, and operate four times weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Norwegian announced the launch of its inaugural service from Oakland International Airport to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport on April 10, 2018. Its inaugural flight from Denver International Airport to Paris departed on April 9, 2018. Norwegian is the first airline to seasonally connect Denver with France.
• The Denver to Paris service launched with four flights weekly on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
• The Oakland to Paris service launched with three flights weekly on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Norwegian also launched its inaugural service from Newark Liberty International Airport to Paris Orly Airport in 2018 with six weekly flights on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Starting June 16, 2019, Delta’s flights between Los Angeles International Airport and Paris Charles de Gaulle airports will begin operating daily. Delta currently flies between LAX and Paris three times weekly.
Next summer Delta will also add a second daily flight between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Paris (CDG).
FRENCH NATIONAL RAILROADS/RAIL EUROPE Update
SNCF, the national railway operator of France, has now entered the second year of its TGV INOUI campaign, which aims to meet the changing needs of passengers with an improved high-speed travel experience, at no change in cost. The most immediately recognizable change was the rolling out of a new brand name for its iconic TGV service: TGV INOUI. Upgraded trains will offer increased comfort, access to WiFi and power outlets on board, as well as a reduced ecological impact from each journey. The new name and modernized service are already featured on the Paris-Bordeaux and Paris-Toulouse travel routes, with the connections between Paris and Lyon, Strasbourg, Metz, Nancy, Marseille, and Lille next to be addressed. The campaign is expected to be achieved across the entire high-speed travel network by 2020.
DISCOVER FRANCE BEYOND PARIS
High-speed trains now serve more than 230 destinations in France and its neighboring countries. From Paris, in approximately 2 hours, it’s possible to either be in the half-timber storybook city of Strasbourg, the gastronomy capital of Lyon, or Bordeaux tasting wine. Even the southernmost reaches of France – Marseille, Avignon, or Montpellier – are just a 3-hour train journey from the City of Light.
Rail Europe’s Trip Planner, an interactive rail map, helps travelers build their own French, or European, travel itinerary. Just adjust the travel time to see where you can go on your schedule. With Rail Europe’s centralized access to products, schedules and fares from more than 50 European train companies in 35 countries, planning and booking is stress-free.